I. General Summary of Responsibilities
TiPS has been serving a niche market for 34 years. We are a small team where every job position has a significant impact on business performance. This position is responsible for ensuring quality customer and internal technical support for all TiPS products. The successful candidate is motivated to wear many hats including assisting other engineers or independently work on projects specifically in the area of software configuration, testing and product technical documentation.
II. Specific Job Responsibilities
The Technical Support Specialist will support production and pre-production products as well as third party infrastructure, including operating systems and database platforms as well as hardware such as terminal servers and other network devices. TiPS leverages the Microsoft® Windows® platform almost exclusively, so familiarity and comfort with Microsoft products is of high importance.
Candidate must be able to troubleshoot software defects and perform regression testing given test procedures or programs. As one of the most intimate users of our products, the Technical Support Specialist will be heavily involved with the creation and maintenance of user’s manuals and other documents intended to express technical information clearly and simply to non-technical persons. The Specialist will also:
- Provide technical support for all of TiPS installed solutions, including proprietary software products as well as third-party software and hardware, including operating systems and other infrastructure.
- Assist as needed to duplicate field support issues.
- Design and develop materials for in-house and off-site training programs.
- Assist engineers with design verification and product testing.
- Develop automated testing procedures and scripts to facilitate regression testing.
- Assist with services projects to perform duties such as specific customer enhancements and startup assistance.
- Create technical documents, including manuals, online help, user’s guides, knowledge base articles, and other sources of information which help TiPS clients understand and use TiPS products.
- Be available in our Georgetown, TX Monday through Friday, 8AM – 5PM U.S. Central Time excluding TiPS designated holidays. Infrequently, hours are flexed to accommodate international customer projects.
III. Candidate Qualities
- Four-year degree in computer science field or equivalent experience required.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Server 2012-2022 installation and administration is required.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft SQL Server® installation and administration is required.
- Attention to detail and high quality standards are required to maintain consistency in our products.
- Excellent organizational and oral communications skills are required for extensive customer contact.
- Basic understanding of network protocols is helpful but is not required.
- Knowledge of process control industry and technology is preferred but not required.
- Experience with formal software design and testing is preferred but not required.